Slideshow

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Puerto Rican Suave - Get some.

So, I've always had an interest in Puerto Rico - a neighbor?  A foreign land indeed.  Is she a state, our 51st, no?  No, but she very well could be.  Nevertheless, Puerto Rico ( roughly translated rich port), fascinates me.  Save the Ricky Martin native son jokes - she (Puerto Rico) truly lives la vida loca.  Oh yes, I've heard the rumors about Puerto Rican nightlife.  5am eternal?  In search of sunrise over this Caribbean Queen.




Puerto Rico, I find, has so much to offer.  I will have just three days to explore the hood.  So I've pinned down what I feel are must do's and can't misses.  Using my google image travel tip, I came up with a list of seven essentials and one of my own, in less than five mins, in San Juan or the surrounding areas.  Here goes...






1. Old San Juan
2. Culebra
3. Hiram Bithorn Stadium (where MLB holds a few games per yr)
4. El Morro
5. La Fortaleza, a UNESCO World Heritage site
6. Fortaleza Street (great shopping)
7. Castillo de San Cristobal.
8. And of course, in quintessential Fleming style, everything centers around...Electric Daisy Carnival P.R. to be held on Sat. Aug 27th, 2011.


Hillary R. Clinton getting down in the P.R!!!  Stoked!  Shake your bon bon.  Ricky Martin jokes now allowed, encouraged.




                    Culebra Isle - An absolute can't miss.  Ferries off the edge of P.R. every hour. 

But seriously, let's see how this town (San Juan) gets down to the underground sound.  I have a feeling they are aficionados de la noche.  After all, it's Puerto Rican Suave...this country oozes sexiness.  Get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment