Slideshow

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The List - Film, Music, Sports, Politics - the Women of 2011

This is my blog, and so I can provide you with my personal insight, my opinion of who I think were the top female movers n shakers, the influence makers,  the Women of 2011.  I'll keep it short and sweet, but rest assured, I have thought this one out - long and hard.  These girls have it all - the looks, the brains, and yes, for some...even the brawn.  Congratulations on putting your stamp on the world.  In 2011 and for the remainder of - celebrate justifiably - THE WORLD IS YOURS.


FILM:

Natalie Portman - In the afterglow of the Black Swan, it is fair to say Natalie Portman has etched her place amongst the best actresses of our generation.  Versatile, indeed.  Thor?  Wtf?  Good movie.  Good Choice.  Well done.







MUSIC:

Lady Gaga - Now, I know what you're thinking.  Geez Michael, be more original.  And yet, no matter how  I try to convince myself otherwise - this femme fatale blew her competition, the world, everything and everyone, out of the water, by far.  She grossed a whopping $90 million USD in 2011 alone, more than double what Taylor Swift earned, $45 million.  People, as unfortunate as it may seem, in this industry, that which we call music, money is power.  And so it is...Congratulations, Momma Monster.  Wonderful bum.





SPORTS:

Hope Solo - With the incredible run the US Women's Soccer Team had in the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup - it is fair to say Solo had no problems taking her act on the road alone.  She was made for this journey.  She is the one.  And so Hope, even though your road must be traveled solo - WE GOT YOUR BACK, ALWAYS.





POLITICS:

Christine Lagarde -  It's been easier to forget DSK with Christine at the helm, no?  As the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund, this striking woman seems poised for even more.  And thus, as we shadily sidestep economics for politics - I hastily offer a heed of warning to Mr. Bruni, "Watch out, good sir."






No comments:

Post a Comment